Tuesday, August 16, 2011 Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Course Registration Matter
It's my second week of school. After choosing Marketing as my specialization in year 2, I've enrolled for 4 core modules for this semester in the following:
1. Research Methods
2. Consumer Behaviour
3. Communication Management Strategies
4. Career Foundation
I didn't manage to take any electives because there was no slots for the elective that I wanted. I was oversea in Taiwan during the course registration period. Thankfully, Jiawen helped Melissa to register for 2 electives which is International Business Environment and Strategic Brand Management. Melissa is willing to transfer me the slots as she is going Japan for her exchange programme.
In the end, I have 6 modules this semester. I have option of dropping any of the approved modules in my exchange school. Here comes the headache part. I have 2 modules in mind which I may consider dropping, they are Communication Management Strategies and Research Methods. There are 2 weeks for me to drop or add any module. The deadline for the add/ drop period is 21st August. I really have a hard time deciding what is the best option for me.
I don't want to be pressured into making a choice which I am not yet ready to make. Some people are given me different types of opinion but I feel like I do not have all the facts I need to make a smart decision. Perhaps what I can do now is to sit tight and research for more information, it is critical to be extra caution because my academic result could be at stake. Hopefully before the the deadline, I'll be ready to move forward !