Saturday, August 20, 2011 Saturday, August 20, 2011
DIY Minature: Village Courtyard
I bought boxes DIY maniature in Taiwan. They are perfect gifts for friends. My first attempt of the minature was a village courtyard as a birthday gift.
These are the pictures I took during the process of making them. Note that only materials are provided in the box and tools are not included. Everything was built from scratch. Those materials are so tiny. It was so much tedious than I expected.
I started with the window components. Firstly I stick pieces of woods together to form the frame of the window. Then I cut out the rope into 2 cm per piece, loosen then and stick them to the back of the window frame evenly.

Secondly, I moved on with the flower pot. Combined pieces of woods together to form the wooden flower pot. A suitable mud was being cut out and placed into the pot. Arranged some dry flowers and hay into the pot and hung it in front of the window.


Thirdly, I finished the parts on the eaves, ladder , fence and straw hat. The eaves are made of sweet corn skin. They are cut into many parts and stick on the white paper board. The fence and ladder are made of pieces of wood sticking together. The more interesting part was the making of straw hat. Cardboard is being cut into different diameter as the base and top. Piled them up and stick them together. Glued the hat with ropes in a circular motion and decorated some dry flowers on the hat.
Love it and I really enjoyed making it. I was so determined to finish it that I stayed up to do it until 3am every night, especially during the period when I was sick. Great sense of accomplishment!