Thursday, August 12, 2010 Thursday, August 12, 2010
Cycling @ Pulau Ubin
Firstly, it started with facebook comments on Thailand, moving on to Hainan and then Tioman recently. Well, none of the trips were successfully organized.
So we finally settled down for a cycling at a beautiful island in Singapore. For more adventures besides shopping, Pulau Ubin is a good choice. Even though it was just a few pathetic numbers of people turning up, I insisted to make this trip happen. We still discussed on every possible alternative plans in case it rained on the actual day.
There were something that we called it a "Plan B" as our back up plans for weather.
If it rains...
Shaun and Ann suggested is to stay at home and continue to sleep.
Sheila said wait till the rain to stop and proceed.
I was in a high spirit and getting ready in the early morning! Shaun sms me that he was feeling sick and he could not make it!!! He was irresponsible and left 3 of us going there on our own. I sweared that I going to XXXX him next time I see him for revenge! Muahahaha...
Sheila was late. Ann Ann and I felt so meaningless and almost wanted to cancel the trip! We were so desperate that we just went to a random cycling parking lot. We took some pictures just to show people that we went to Pulau Ubin!

This is the fake "Paula Ubin" with many bicycles.

Had a delicious breakfast at Changi Village. Almost all the food are awesome!


There are also bicycles for rent to suit every preference. Mountain bikes, tandem bikes, tricycles, even bikes with side carts for babies or really lazy partners. Sheila and I rented the same type of bike at $5 per day. 
Ann Ann rented a higher class bike at a slighly higher price. 

Cycling is a great way to explore this beautiful island with friends at our own pace.
We were checking on the map for the routes before exploring the island! I'm a newbie cyclist. There are certain routes which really challenged my talent of balancing on a bike. Seriously, I hate uphills! I found myself very weak going uphill. Going downhill was the most enjoyable part to maximize the thrill, especially when the breeze brushed through my face.
When you came down from slope, the speed was very fast. There might be a tendancy of flying off the bicycle and sending yourself off the ground, thus good controlling of the steering is very important! Do you know there were fatal accidents in the past when cyclists flung while going down a winding slope? I felt grateful that we were safe for the entire trip.


3 adventure seekers on the island! The island was ours for explorations.





Taking bumboat on our way back..

"Andy Lau"

Everything is different from the main city. I love to experience some of the old authentic culture besides the built up hustle & bustle, shops and buildings in our daily life. The laid back, rustic kampong and nature brought us back to the history to when Singapore was first started.