8.30am Woke up and brushed up. I had a good sleep last night except that it was too cold. Our breakfast was chicken porridge. Everyone must be hungry, started to grab the porridge before it was gone. If you were not quick enough, just wait for the second round.
9.30am The sea was high tide in the morning.. I discovered some crabs crawling on the planks and ran to tell everyone the piece of news.
Comical shots!
Nothing to do in the morning so I played around with the children (Daniel's niece and nephew. )
Ryan was the Benten fan! The 5 years old Ryan and 3 year old Chloe are pros in palying nintento. Chloe taught me how to play cooking mama, although we always fail in cooking.
12.00pm Our lunch time. Generally, the food tasted good with home feeling. The Otah was nice. The fish was big and fresh. The vegetables was fair. 12.30pm Ryan's family left early by speedboat 1 day before us. 1.00pm Karaoke session at Kelong. Fisherman Soh proudly showed off his harvest for last night's deep sea fishing. Only 1 pathetic fish but it was a TIGER SHARK (a baby one). 2.00pm Fisherman Soh found a new spot for fishing.It was like a secret tunnel, lift up a wooden pranks and climbed down the staicase.
Indeed, it was a great discovery that Miss Jialing finally willing to join him for fishing. There was no sun and it was cooling! My height suits nicely under the "secret tunnel" . Finally I realiazed the advantage of my height, I could stand straightly without bending my back. We used prawns bought from ah Kok (manager of Kelong) as our bait. The surface of the sea was filled with assortment of fishes but most of them were coral fish.
As I was lack of experience in fishing so i used to catch some coral fish, the experienced one told us to throw them back into the sea as they were inedible or not ncie to eat (not very sure).
The prawns did not last very long as once I put the bait into the sea, they would be quickly killed by the peckings from the small fishes.
Someone suggested to use the flesh of the small fish we caught as bait. Aloysius and Elvis helped us to slice them into pieces and passed to us. It was really cruel! (Some fishes were still alive even when half of their flesh were cut and their eyes were still blinking when they were being thrown back to the sea.)
It was a fruitful harvest for me! My beginning luck was good. I caught almost 30++ Miss yellow fishes there and some were big ones among them. 90 percent the fishes would get hooked by me within a few seconds when i put my bait in. Each time i caught aorund 2- 3 fishes. I had learnt how to unhook the fishes using the piler and I was getting more and more experience in fishing.
We stayed in the tunnel for quite long until evening time when we were called up to eat our dinner. My back was aching. 3.00 am The energetic ones were still fishing till pass midnight. They wished to get more fisheson their last night there.