Tuesday, March 04, 2008 Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Day 3
2nd Day
♥♥♥
The second day was killing me!
I was the beverage girl for that day, pouring ice water upon guest arrival, prompt refilling of ice water and taking order for other beverages. Balancing the tray with glasses of water was really a challenge. However so far so good, I only spilled 2 glasses of guava and orange on my shirt and half glasses of ice water on one of the guest.
Miss Annie, the personal assistance of chairman of Singapore Airshow. She is a fussy woman and she only likes our captain- Roger, so we always hear her calling “Roger, Roger” across the whole restaurant. And it was the big boss- Jimmy Lau’s birthday, so the kitchen prepared a 30x20 inches cake for him. The whole committee planned a surprise party for him and they celebrated with Champaign.
The senior chairman, he is about the age of 60 plus and was here with his wife too. All the tai-tais just dressed up nicely, sat in front the full length glass window to get a good view of the entire Airshow. They could just sit there for hours and chit-chat while enjoying their high tea. They were important guests so we had to please them and try to satisfy their needs at all time. The chairman’s tai tai was very friendly and kept smiling to me.
After clearing and packing, I went back to the gallery restaurant and asked Jane how her work was. She complained to me that Han Xiang and she were so tiring because there were only 2 of them in charge of the half of the restaurant. Basically they had to do everything, beverage, clearing and set-up. Han Xiang was so stressed up and poor Jane was wearing heels, that pair of heels nearly killed her feet.
Fortunately, I rushed to the shoe shop near my house just 5 minutes before it closed and bought 2 pairs of 5 bucks cheapo shoes for Peixian and Jane.
Very quickly I finished bathing, I could not wait for my hair to dry completely and fell asleep.
This picture will show you how tired we are.
Say cheese even though work was so tiring.
Jane with that stupid look.
Our sanitary condition.
Come on, everyone make it shine.
I want to sleep.