Tuesday, March 04, 2008 Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Day 1
1st day
♥♥♥
Singapore Airshow 2008 is one of the Asia’s major event and 10 of us were selected as the caterers. The work was divided in 3 sections, the galley restaurant, the chalet and lastly the watermark. The gallery was open to the public, offered buffet lunch at $45***. I was supposed to work at the gallery with Jane while the manager shifted me to the watermark.
DAY 1
A $5 SBS bus fetch all of us to the changi exhibition hall.
Before the work started, waiting for instruction and our uniform.
The watermark restaurant for VIPs! I had no idea what watermark is and I joked with the rest, “Is it like the water drop below the marking and you have to refill it?”
It was actually a VIP lounge so only invited guest were allowed for this exclusive dining and privacy. Roger was the overall in-charge for watermark and so-called the captain for us.


The mini bar for beverages in the Watermark.
The back facing us was the captain of Watermark-ROGER.
A free and easy buffet style for the invited guest.
Table of 4.

Table of 6.

Beautiful floral.
Standardise table set-up.


The open-air view for Black Knight Guests.

It was a rare chance to get close to VIPs and most of them were ultra-rich or with important status. I began to worry as I was a newbie for catering and I had been assigned to serve the Sultan of a Malaysia State. He was special as he was the only one who served a set lunch instead of buffet lunch.
Sultan's flatwares and cultery.
Clean them and make it shine was my job.
The menu for Sultan!

I became the runner and assistant for the manager, running back and fro to the temporarily set-up kitchen to check every course with the chef. Basically there was no coordination and effective communication between the chef and the manager, as the message was not conveyed accurately so ended up I was the one suffered.
“Sorry can I check with you is the appetizer for the Sultan ready?”
“Can’t you see if it is ready not? You see yourself if it’s ready.”
The chef just replied me with a tinge of annoyance.
However things were getting much better soon. An extra main course had prepared, it was salmon fish with some kind of sauce. The chef asked me if I would like to have them but I thought it was very inappropriate to have it so I rejected this good offer.